1. Joint Commission threatens to pull Rhode Island hospital's accreditation Full story
2. 113 patients possibly infected with TB after use of contaminated bone repair product Full story
3. Delta variant likely to become dominant in US within weeks; may see July COVID-19 surges among unvaccinated Full story
4. Break down imaging siloes for good. Industry experts share 5 tips for building a cost-effective, clinician-friendly imaging ecosystem here.
5. New York requires hospitals to create clinical staffing committees Full story
6. 70% of parents, caregivers report mental health symptoms: CDC Full story
7. Surgery volumes are ramping up. Learn why healthcare orgs are tapping custom packs to improve OR efficiency here.
8. COVID-19 tied to brain tissue loss, early research suggests Full story
9. Indiana health system to lay off 83 Full story
10. 6 hospitals hiring chief quality officers Full story
11. The future of care is here: augmented video analytics. Learn how your organization can benefit during this discussion.
12. Epic's widely used sepsis prediction model performs worse than claimed, research finds Full story
13. 21 hospital, health system executive resignations in 2021 Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every referral matters. Learn why 33% of patients ignore them and how to fix that.
2. Will technology solve healthcare’s racial bias problem? Download this whitepaper to find out.
3. Telehealth risk management: How to improve patient safety and reduce malpractice exposure. Click here to download the C-suite playbook.