1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. CDC releases framework for treating COVID-19 long-haulers Full story
3. Delta now 'variant of concern,' CDC says Full story
4. Lessons from the front line: How single-use ECG leads may reduce infection risk. Hear from a progressive care nurse during this virtual session.
5. COVID-19 may have been in 5 states as early as December 2019, NIH study suggests Full story
6. Elective surgery backlog at Oregon health system causing problems for patients, staff Full story
7. Still relying on quality stars for post-acute care navigation? Click here to learn how AI reduces readmissions.
8. How close are these 10 states to 70% vaccinated? 1 year+ for some, per NYT Full story
9. Joint Commission launches unannounced review of troubled Rhode Island hospital Full story
10. US COVID-19 deaths surpass 600,000 Full story
11. It's time to refocus. Ensure your organization is up to date on the latest sterilization methods with tips from this virtual discussion.
12. Henry Ford launches 'Project Mobility' to improve patient, employee safety Full story
13. 9 states with rising COVID-19 cases this week Full story
14. 'Who knows what's growing on everything?': Union blasts hospital cleaning staff shortage Full story
15. 11 recent hospital, health system CMO, CNO moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Only a quarter of hospitals say they’re well-prepared to have financial conversations with patients. Click here for 4 key steps to improve.
2. Automated infection control is healthcare's new way of combatting HAIs. Download this whitepaper to learn how your organization can benefit.
3. Health inequity risks lives + costs the industry billions. Take action with this C-suite guide to reduce health disparities at your organization and beyond.