1. Geisinger launches travel nurse program Full story
2. Omicron 'sister variants' gain traction in US Full story
3. WHO to weigh whether monkeypox outbreak is a global health emergency: 5 updates Full story
4. The nation's mental health crisis warrants new behavioral health strategies. See how to take a more holistic, preventive approach to care during this live panel discussion.
5. Monkeypox cases in the US, state by state Full story
6. Tennessee hospital chief medical officer takes CEO role Full story
7. Watch for these pitfalls while navigating 2022's spine policy and coding changes. Learn how some ASCs are maximizing revenue.
8. US News: The best children's hospital in 35 states, DC Full story
9. Travel nursing presents hospital employers with legal risks Full story
10. Boston Children's Dr. Kevin Simon named city's 1st chief behavioral health officer Full story
11. Healthcare costs are soaring, but patients are willing to pay more for a better healthcare experience. Learn which digital tools really matter to patients.
12. Biden to unveil plan for next pandemic: 4 things to know Full story
13. COVID-19 isn't only infection that causes long-term symptoms: 3 findings Full story
14. Physician viewpoint: The fading presence of family at the bedside Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
2. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.
3. Cone Health staff can quickly fill 93% of patients' medication history in Epic. Learn how AI is reducing the system's need for phone calls and manual entry.