1. Why PAs aren't using the term 'physician associate' yet Full story
2. Joint Commission faces more pressure to require safe staffing for accreditation Full story
3. CDC removes mask recommendation from monkeypox travel alert: 4 updates Full story
4. 1 in 3 clinicians may leave their role by 2024. See how Good Samaritan, Adventist Health and 2 others are automating workflows to combat burnout and improve outcomes during this virtual panel.
5. BA.5 omicron subvariant has potential to outpace dominant strain: 3 COVID-19 updates Full story
6. COVID-19 apathy frustrates hospital leaders Full story
7. The failure to diagnose accounts for 60% of medical errors and malpractice claims. Learn how AI can help reduce these diagnostic errors.
8. LeBron James to open medical facility in Ohio Full story
9. Nursing workforce experience fell 20% during pandemic, study finds Full story
10. 10 hospitals hiring chief medical officers Full story
11. Tiny particles of lint can have big consequences for patient outcomes. See how hospitals nationwide are reducing contamination risks during heart procedures here.
12. Physicians' most important social issues Full story
13. 4 nurses making headlines on and off the job Full story
14. Mount Sinai nurses share lessons to guide care of future tracheal transplants Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Game-changing EHR improvements at Intermountain, how one hospital CIO managed to grow ranks during the pandemic and more. These 10 must-reads offer practical advice for digital health investment.
2. Not all hospital-at-home programs are created equally. The best ones leverage AI to advance patient outcome improvements + lower costs. Here's how AI is driving program success.
3. One Nevada ASC drove revenue to $2,500 per case after onboarding a robotic surgical system — here's how.