1. Prisma Health employee dead after patient altercation Full story
2. CDC raises monkeypox alert level, advises travelers to don masks Full story
3. New Hampshire hospital leaders' licenses suspended amid probe of missing fentanyl Full story
4. Hospitals can't afford to let pressure injury prevention slip any further. Learn better prevention strategies from a Mayo Clinic nurse quality specialist during this discussion.
5. Lawmakers move to combat violence against healthcare workers Full story
6. 3 recent developments in the aftermath of RaDonda Vaught's conviction Full story
7. The culture of quitting is growing. Get strategies to engage employees and recruit top talent from one of Forbes' best large healthcare employers in 2022.
8. Physicians, healthcare leaders to Senate: Confirm ATF director now Full story
9. Shooter in 2021 attack on Allina Health clinic found guilty of all 11 charges Full story
10. Inpatient volumes poised to grow 2% over next 10 years Full story
11. Tiny particles of lint can have big consequences for patient outcomes. See how hospitals nationwide are reducing contamination risks during heart procedures here.
12. Routinely testing negative for COVID-19 despite close contact, symptoms? A possible explanation Full story
13. 9 COVID-19-related research findings Full story
14. LA physicians avert strike Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
2. This California hospital reduced pressure Injuries by 68% in less than two years. Find out how here.
3. Optimizing non-acute supply chain strategy saved this health system $125K — here's how you can take full advantage of your purchasing power to drive revenue.