1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Oregon health system struggling to fill more than 600 open positions, CEO says Full story
3. 'Trial run' to close: Rhode Island hospital accused of trying to discharge some patients without notifying families Full story
4. It's time to refocus. Ensure your organization is up to date on the latest sterilization methods with tips from this virtual discussion.
5. 42 places where PAs have full prescriptive authority & the 9 states they don't Full story
6. 'No new hybrid variant in Vietnam,' WHO says Full story
7. WellSpan Health’s whole-person care partnership improved patient outcomes and lowered costs. Click here to learn how.
8. Variant first detected in India may increase risk of hospital admission, evade vaccines Full story
9. Proceed with caution: 2 physicians on what CDC's mask guidance means for immunocompromised patients Full story
10. The 17 health systems to which Walmart sends employees for care in 2021 Full story
11. Capacity constraints are rampant at infusion centers. Hartford Healthcare applied machine learning to solve that. Experts discuss how during this discussion.
12. The ironically quiet threat plaguing organizations Full story
13. Rethinking the rules: How organizations are changing protocols for unvaccinated employees Full story
14. Patient room location may have direct effects on patient satisfaction, Yale study finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Health inequity risks lives + costs the industry billions. Take action with this C-suite guide to reduce health disparities at your organization and beyond.
2. Automated infection control is healthcare's new way of combatting HAIs. Download this whitepaper to learn how your organization can benefit.
3. Only a quarter of hospitals say they’re well-prepared to have financial conversations with patients. Click here for 4 key steps to improve.