1. Navigating the contrast dye shortage: 6 healthcare leaders share strategies Full story
2. Nurses lobby for 'RaDonda's law' Full story
3. Tulsa gunman targeted surgeon he blamed for pain Full story
4. Nurses deserve better. Prisma Health's Chief Digital Officer believes improved connectivity and communication can help. Click here to discover why.
5. Staff shortages throw a wrench in hospitals' compliance standards Full story
6. Memorial Hermann Health System taps trauma surgeon to serve as chief medical, quality officer Full story
7. How Penn Medicine and St. Elizabeth's Medical Center prevent SSIs after vascular procedures. Get best practices from the health systems here.
8. Companies look to expand PCR testing for monkeypox Full story
9. FTC files suit to block 2 hospital deals Full story
10. Where hospitals are offering internal travel programs Full story
11. The culture of quitting is growing. Get strategies to engage employees and recruit top talent from one of Forbes' best large healthcare employers in 2022.
12. Don't rush through surgical timeouts, medical groups warn Full story
13. 7 schools launching nursing programs Full story
14. Gen Z wants social determinants of health screenings from providers Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A cloud-native system pays for itself in a year by streamlining workflows. Here are 4 factors to consider to make the change easy.
2. 85% of health insurance costs relate to chronic conditions. Here are 3 strategies to craft prevention programs that actually work.
3. MD Anderson, Cedars Sinai and 3 other systems slashed length of stay for patients with bloodstream infections. See how the systems are optimizing antimicrobial utilization and improving outcomes here.