1. 2 nurse staffing bills signed into law, others in limbo Full story
2. Man dies after falling from California hospital window: Police Full story
3. Racism widespread in nursing: 6 new survey findings Full story
4. At least 1 in 3 nurses are burned out. Get strategies to support your team's well-being — and maintain high-quality care — here.
5. Washington hospitals face no fines from 185 staffing complaints Full story
6. Some physicians ration cancer drugs as shortages grow Full story
7. 'You can't be what you don't see': How DNPs of Color is amplifying diverse voices in nursing leadership Full story
8. COVID hospitalizations reach all-time low in US + 4 other updates Full story
9. Effectively managing schedules and maximizing capacity in the OR, infusion centers and inpatient bed units has become more important than ever. Join us this June to hear insights from healthcare executives on best practices for capacity optimization. Reserve your spot here.
10. Nurses union doubts UMass Memorial Health's reason for closing maternity unit Full story
11. Why HMPV should be on health experts' radar: 7 notes about the virus Full story
12. MDs vs. DOs: A new study's findings on patient outcomes Full story
13. Life-changing decisions about patient care can't be made by a coin toss. Learn how to make evidence-based choices using clinical decision support here.
14. A day in the life of Mercy's chief nursing officer Full story
15. 5 ways hospitals are working to improve patient experience Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. It's all too easy to unintentionally violate HIPAA through digital communications. Learn how to keep your organization compliant while boosting care team coordination and cutting costs.
2. Don't sleep on opportunities to shift procedures to lower sites of care. See where outpatient care is going and how your health system can stay ahead of the curve here.
3. Allegheny Health Network increased self-service payments by 25% in just 6 months. Here's how.