1. Chief nursing officer at Washington hospital stepping down Full story
2. Ohio rural hospital removes BSN requirement for new nurses Full story
3. US, Mexico ask WHO to issue emergency over fungal meningitis outbreak: 5 notes Full story
4. It's been a tumultuous year for rankings. US News wants to stick with hospitals. Will hospitals stick with US News? Read more via MyBHC.
5. Texas aims to close 'Dr. Death' loophole Full story
6. 12 statistics on nurse, physician assistant pay bumps Full story
7. Hospitals look to pull every lever in response to staff shortages Full story
8. HCA Florida workers vote to refuse voluntary overtime over staffing, safety concerns Full story
9. How are oncology leaders optimizing care in 2023? Share thoughts in this brief survey.
10. California hospital probes hepatitis C, HIV exposure from pain clinic Full story
11. Jury delivers $31.6M verdict against Michigan hospital Full story
12. Why brain eating amoeba infections are climbing in northern states Full story
13. Mayo Clinic is upgrading the way it tracks infection risks in the OR. Learn about the system's plan to uncover hidden risk sources here.
14. States ranked by healthcare as percent of overall employment for 2023 Full story
15. Look to Gen Z for blueprint on diversity, better health outcomes, Stanford Children's exec says Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Hospitals can't afford to wait and see what this year's virus season will bring. Be prepared for a surge with lessons from Jefferson Health's nurse-led virtual nurse program here.
2. Clinical decision support tools can cause more harm than good if not designed or implemented correctly. Learn the dos and don'ts of automating the clinical decision-making process here.
3. Tackling physician burnout starts at the top. Find out how URMC is using personalized coaching to boost physician leaders' skills, mitigate burnout and retain talent.