1. CDC monitoring 200+ people for fungal meningitis Full story
2. Pennsylvania nurse charged with killing 2 patients Full story
3. J&J selects nurse exec teams for innovation fellowship Full story
4. Six big themes emerged from the Becker's Hospital Review 13th Annual Meeting, which was powered by more than 6,800 minutes of conversation with top health system leaders this spring. To catch up, join MyBHC free of charge to access the 24-page recap with thoughts from 24 executives from 20 hospitals and health systems.
5. Intermountain at center of conflicting reports on adult gender transition appointments Full story
6. Duke LifePoint hospital no longer in immediate jeopardy Full story
7. 'Digital bridge' between brain, spinal cord helps paralyzed man walk again Full story
8. New York to drop COVID-19 vaccine rule for hospital workers Full story
9. Hospitals are notorious for delayed discharges. See how this Florida system is bucking the trend by tapping AI to streamline discharge management.
10. 'Have patience with your patients' and more tips for overcoming nursing challenges Full story
11. FDA approves drug for hospital-acquired pneumonia Full story
12. NJ hospitals see 40% rise in patients admitted with 'major' and 'extreme' illnesses Full story
13. Sustaining virtual care services post-PHE: Here's what organizations should know to maintain success.
14. Man, woman charged with threats targeting hospitals Full story
15. New York City physicians reach tentative deal, end strike Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Hospitals can't afford to wait and see what this year's virus season will bring. Be prepared for a surge with lessons from Jefferson Health's nurse-led virtual nurse program here.
2. Clinical decision support tools can cause more harm than good if not designed or implemented correctly. Learn the dos and don'ts of automating the clinical decision-making process here.
3. Tackling physician burnout starts at the top. Find out how URMC is using personalized coaching to boost physician leaders' skills, mitigate burnout and retain talent.