1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. The 4 states where COVID-19 hospitalizations are still up: NYT Full story
3. Virginia physician gets 59-year sentence for unneeded surgeries, $20M fraud Full story
4. How a device change is helping a community hospital in California fight HAIs and alarm fatigue — 4 Qs with RN Karlee Campos Learn more
5. Medical schools overestimate number of graduates who specialize in primary care, experts say Full story
6. Sentara sued, accused of trying to wipe out Virginia hospital's cardiology busines Full story
7. Inefficient nursing documentation is costing your organization. Here's how nursing-focused technology can turn this around. Click here to join the live virtual session.
8. CEO of California hospital steps down Full story
9. Screenings for colon cancer should now start at 45, task force says Full story
10. Who health systems are adding to the C-suite Full story
11. COVID-19 changed research access trends. Learn what this means for improvement care strategies here.
12. 'No masks, no social distancing': How 14 states are responding to new CDC mask guidance Full story
13. Physician chain with 23 centers in California abruptly closes Full story
14. What is 'COVID arm'? 7 new findings about Moderna arm rashes, per Yale study Full story
15. 5 notes on infectious disease physician compensation last year Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. VTE risk rises for patients recovering from outpatient surgery at home. Here's how to solve that.
2. COVID-19 changed research access trends. Learn what this means for improvement care strategies here.
3. Close care gaps for good. Learn how UPMC and Winchester Hospital are using real-time ADT notifications to improve care coordination and outcomes in this short case study.