1. Experts warn of a COVID-19 wave that is 'almost like omicron' Full story
2. GE urged to allocate scarce imaging dye to hospitals based on need Full story
3. US surpasses 1 million COVID-19 deaths, and 3 forecasts to know Full story
4. 60% of nurses say COVID has hurt their work-life balance. Get strategies to revamp talent planning to better support nurses and improve the patient experience here.
5. FDA authorizes COVID-19 booster for kids 5-11 Full story
6. CDC, CMS and others call for urgent action on patient safety Full story
7. Stay ahead of the curve on surgical innovations. See how this first-of-a-kind program is reimagining reconstructive surgery at children's hospitals here.
8. Viewpoint: Health systems must start planning for end of Roe v. Wade now Full story
9. Aspirus names chief nursing officer of 2 hospitals Full story
10. COVID-19 public health emergency set to be extended Full story
11. These 3 health systems are advancing virtual care sophistication. Learn how and whether their strategies will work for your organization during this live session.
12. The best hospitals for avoiding unnecessary services: Lown Institute Full story
13. AI can tell a patient's race by only X-rays, stumping researchers Full story
14. 6 schools launching nursing programs Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There aren't any cloud solutions that can keep up with Epic's performance requirements — until now. Learn more about reducing the time and money you spend on maintaining and updating Epic's infrastructure.
2. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.
3. Hospitals stand to lose revenue and patients through archaic preadmission testing processes. Here's how one physician overhauled a health system's preoperative system to improve patient experience.