1. X-ray dye shortage hinders hospitals Full story
2. Kids' hepatitis outbreak grows to 348 cases: 5 updates Full story
3. BA.2 subvariant prevalence grows: 4 COVID-19 updates Full story
4. Still relying on manual, outdated disinfection routines? Click here for a more reliable approach hospitals are taking to cut staff burden and safety risks.
5. US sees unusual late-season flu uptick Full story
6. The healthiest county in each US state | 2022 Full story
7. Outdated processes make compliance more difficult than it already is. Here's how hospitals are modernizing.
8. 10 executives on quality improvement measures deserving more attention Full story
9. 4 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
10. Atrium, Advocate Aurora to merge Full story
11. 83% of healthcare facilities still use paper faxes and PDFs, which can bog down workflows and slow diagnoses. Learn how to close the digital divide here.
12. Doctors Without Borders accused of racism, addresses the charges Full story
13. How HCAHPS measures have fared throughout pandemic Full story
14. CommonSpirit, historically Black medical school partner to train more nurses Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patient transfer issues can have deadly consequences. Learn about a new approach to patient transfers that improves access to care and alleviates staff burden here.
2. Needlesticks are up fivefold as vaccines are given outside carefully controlled facilities. Click here for best safety practices.
3. South Shore Hospital's ED reduced readmissions by enhancing its EHR and using complexity scores. Click here to learn their strategy.