1. US may see 'pretty sizable' fall COVID-19 surge, Dr. Ashish Jha warns Full story
2. Travel nurses see abrupt pay drops, canceled contracts Full story
3. 17 hospital execs write thank-you notes to nurses Full story
4. Discover how you can follow in footsteps of Augusta University Health System and use AI-driven, ambient clinical intelligence to shape the role of technology in healthcare. Click here for your guide to adopting AI technology to address challenges in care delivery, quality, and outcomes.
5. CDC investigating 109 severe hepatitis cases in children, 5 deaths Full story
6. Strike set to begin at Cedars-Sinai Full story
7. The CDC wants to curb healthcare-associated infections. Learn to slash the most pressing HAI — click here.
8. Atlanta hospital ends inpatient care Full story
9. COVID-19 admissions jumped 16.6% last week: 9 CDC findings Full story
10. Tufts unveils plans for patients, physicians amid children's hospital closure Full story
11. Data is already spearheading cancer care breakthroughs. Here's how providers can keep the momentum going + take precision medicine to the next level.
12. US flu hospitalizations fall for 1st time in months Full story
13. Nearly 1 in 4 physicians experience workplace mistreatment: 3 notes Full story
14. 25 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. MD Anderson, Cedars Sinai and 3 other systems slashed length of stay for patients with bloodstream infections. See how the systems are optimizing antimicrobial utilization and improving outcomes here.
2. Hospitals stand to lose revenue and patients through archaic preadmission testing processes. Here's how one physician overhauled a health system's preoperative system to improve patient experience.
3. Supply chain waste costs healthcare $5B annually. Reduce how much your hospital is affected here.