1. Nurses make exit plans after RaDonda Vaught's conviction Full story
2. 15M global deaths tied to COVID-19, WHO estimates: 4 pandemic updates Full story
3. Pig virus may have contributed to pig heart transplant patient's death Full story
4. Stay ahead of the curve on surgical innovations. See how this first-of-a-kind program is reimagining reconstructive surgery at children's hospitals here.
5. Joint Commission taps Massachusetts General surgeon to serve as chief patient safety officer Full story
6. Foreign nurses arrive in 31 states to address shortages Full story
7. Top children's hospitals are uniting against persistent drug shortages. Learn more about the coalition and how to get involved here.
8. FDA: 'No evidence' 2nd Paxlovid course stops recurring symptoms Full story
9. NewYork-Presbyterian CXO Rick Evans: We need to have our teams' backs when they face racist, discriminatory patient behavior Full story
10. Columbia University Medical Center cuts ties with Dr. Oz Full story
11. The dental practices that are growing are the same ones paying extra attention to the patient experience. Learn how you can grow your organization without increasing your workload.
12. FDA limits use of J&J COVID-19 vaccine Full story
13. Hackensack Meridian Health launches innovation challenge to reduce readmissions Full story
14. Rising hospitalizations put CDC's COVID-19 prevention guidelines to the test Full story
Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.
2. Behind the Scenes of One of the Largest Remote Patient Monitoring Implementations and Evaluations in the U.S: Clinical, Staffing, and Claims ROI Analysis
3. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.