1. What nurse really want during National Nurses Week Full story
2. Fast-spreading omicron subvariant accounts for 36% of US cases: 4 notes Full story
3. 3 medical groups react to Supreme Court's leaked draft opinion Full story
4. EHR data alone can't accurately predict surgical case lengths. Here's how OhioHealth solved OR scheduling inefficiencies.
5. 10 best, worst states for nurses Full story
6. COVID-19 hospitalizations up in 40 states Full story
7. Patient care suffers from regionally fragmented systems. Learn how healthcare leaders in Colo. and Iowa successfully aligned behind a mobile-first logistics platform.
8. 441 rural hospitals at risk of losing services or closing Full story
9. Hospital workers are fleeing high housing costs: Where are they moving? Full story
10. NYU med school won't hire biologist accused of sexual harassment Full story
11. Still relying on manual, outdated disinfection routines? Click here for a more reliable approach hospitals are taking to cut staff burden and safety risks.
12. 18 hospitals hiring chief nursing officers Full story
13. 7 hospitals laying off workers Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.
2. 92% of physicians say prior authorization delays necessary care. See how insurers are tapping AI to prevent harmful delays and improve the patient and provider experience here.
3. Inefficient medical device management is threatening retention and patient safety. Here are 5 strategies for hospitals to change that.