1. 10 best, worst states for nurses in 2023 Full story
2. CMS probes 2 hospitals over EMTALA violations Full story
3. HHS to drop COVID-19 vaccine rule for hospitals Full story
4. A bad credentialing process isn't just inefficient — it can also hurt patients, staff and finances. Streamlining credentialing and enrollment cuts costs, eases administrative burden and lets teams focus on what really matters — patient care. Learn how to do it here.
5. XBB.1.16 prevalence, by region Full story
6. The Joint Commission names 3 C-suite leaders Full story
7. Nursing school settles students' suit for $750K Full story
8. Police shoot woman in Georgia hospital ER Full story
9. The number of infectious disease specialists is dwindling, and hospitals can't afford to lose them. Find out how facilities are filling gaps and preparing for the future.
10. Loosened mask rules concern some high-risk patients Full story
11. TikTok 'Flamethrower Challenge' sends boy to hospital Full story
12. Oklahoma hospital remains on lockdown after series of threats Full story
13. Mental health care is vital — but how do patients find it when nearly 20% of all U.S. counties have zero mental health providers? Step out of the dark ages with these tools and best practices.
14. ChatGPT outperforms physicians when answering patient questions Full story
15. The rise in eating disorder admissions amid COVID-19: 6 notes Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Improve value-based care amid staffing shortages. Here's how 4 organizations got it done.
2. Clinicians are already overwhelmed — don't add OR supply disruptions to their list of grievances. Keep your shelves reliably stocked with these tips.
3. It's time for 2-visit TB tests to become a thing of the past. Learn about the simple blood test that improves accuracy and makes life easier for patients and providers.