1. A subdued COVID-19 climb: What 4 experts make of it Full story
2. Stanford, nurses reach tentative labor deal Full story
3. COVID-19 admissions to rise in May, CDC modeling shows Full story
4. Put your EMR data to good use. Seattle Children's did and expanded OR capacity by 2,500 hours in 1 year.
5. Kaiser worker dies by suicide at hospital Full story
6. US pediatricians' group to cast aside race-based guidelines Full story
7. With 30% of OR time locked up due to inefficient scheduling, your organization could be missing out on millions in revenue. Learn how Saint Luke's added millions to their bottom line with automation software.
8. CDC shares new data on mysterious hepatitis cases: 5 notes Full story
9. Baptist Children's taps 1st chief medical officer Full story
10. 4 schools starting nursing programs Full story
11. EHR data alone can't accurately predict surgical case lengths. Here's how OhioHealth solved OR scheduling inefficiencies.
12. US flu hospitalizations continue to rise: CDC report Full story
13. Physician assistant median annual base salary, by state Full story
14. 19 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.
2. Patients demand a frictionless, user-friendly payment experience. See how Cancer Treatment Centers of America is delivering it here.
3. You're probably under-utilizing your EHR. Click here to learn how to unlock the data needed to improve billing, reduce denials and build satisfaction.