1. COVID-19 hospitalizations up in 20 states Full story
2. Justice Department appeals Florida ruling ending masks on public transportation Full story
3. C. auris outbreak halts admissions at Detroit specialty hospital Full story
4. Patients value convenience and flexibility. Here’s how to give them a modern healthcare experience with technology.
5. Massachusetts General Hospital taps neurosurgeon as chief medical officer Full story
6. CMS releases health equity plan, encourages leaders to participate Full story
7. Postoperative cardiac complications are harmful, costly and increasingly common. Hear what a Mass General cardiologist is doing to protect heart patients during this session.
8. Nurses at HCA hospital in North Carolina rally for safe patient staffing Full story
9. Podiatrists see rise of 'pandemic foot' Full story
10. Health systems aren't ready for patient-centered care, CEOs say Full story
11. These ortho leaders automated patient contact and saw financial + emotional benefits. Find out how to score more than just RCM gains.
12. Shriners to end inpatient care at Massachusetts hospital Full story
13. 21 charged in $149M COVID-19 fraud schemes: Justice Department Full story
14. Shortest known gap between COVID-19 infections? 20 days, researchers say Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 85% of health insurance costs relate to chronic conditions. Here are 3 strategies to craft prevention programs that actually work.
2. MD Anderson, Cedars Sinai and 3 other systems slashed length of stay for patients with bloodstream infections. See how the systems are optimizing antimicrobial utilization and improving outcomes here.
3. The future of healthcare finance and data is here. Are you ready? Learn how and why finance teams will steer the strategic direction of healthcare organizations.