1. Ohio physician accused of 14 patient deaths acquitted Full story
2. CDC creates center for disease forecasting Full story
3. 'Short-sighted' and 'ill-timed': 8 healthcare leaders react to federal mask ruling Full story
4. Hospitals lose money by using a one-size-fits-all approach for managing blocks — learn how dynamic block management can help grow revenue & achieve peak performance.
5. Prevalence of BA.2 subvariant rises: 3 COVID-19 updates Full story
6. Health officials search for cause of mysterious hepatitis outbreaks Full story
7. Don't keep family members in the dark. See how UCSF Health is providing essential communication to patients' loved ones without interrupting clinicians' workflows here.
8. Sutter Health: Nurses who staged 1-day strike must wait 5 days to return to work Full story
9. Kaiser, Prime Healthcare receive Eisenberg patient safety, quality awards Full story
10. COVID-19 hospitalizations up in 16 states Full story
11. Still relying on manual, outdated disinfection routines? Click here for a more reliable approach hospitals are taking to cut staff burden and safety risks.
12. Unclear link between physician burnout, care quality: Study Full story
13. Northwestern Memorial HealthCare names CMO Full story
14. Male physicians see up to 31% larger paychecks than their female colleagues Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Trauma centers save lives but often lose money. Learn the 5 steps needed to stay in the black
2. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.
3. Virtual care options for behavioral health are no longer just 'nice to have' — they're essential. But how can health systems integrate these programs in a formalized, sustainable way? This guide has the answers.