1. BA.2 now makes up 86% of new US cases: 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
2. 'We are at a really good moment': 3 takeaways from the new COVID-19 chief's 1st week Full story
3. 10 most diverse medical schools: US News Full story
4. Hospitals implement kit and tray management in a variety of ways with a variety of solutions. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. CHI Health creates traveling nurses system Full story
6. Chicago hospital CEO out in wake of vaccination controversies Full story
7. Stop keeping nurses past their shifts. See how OSHU achieved a 31% decrease in running past scheduled closures here.
8. Syphilis, gonorrhea cases jumped amid pandemic: 5 CDC findings Full story
9. 13 hospitals hiring chief medical officers Full story
10. Wisconsin sees faster rise in pediatric diabetes since pandemic Full story
11. Communication inefficiencies are sabotaging hospitals' ability to provide care. Here's one Beth Israel CMO's strategy for sustainable digital transformation.
12. NewYork-Presbyterian CXO Rick Evans: What's on patient experience leaders' to-do list this spring Full story
13. 5 schools launching nursing programs Full story
14. States ranked by suicide rate Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The nation’s first evidence-based ERAS cardiac program improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, and increases patient and surgeon satisfaction.
2. Patient no-shows cost the healthcare industry billions every year. See the 7 most common reasons patients skip appointments and how to address them here.
3. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.