1. The cost of nurse turnover in 24 numbers Full story
2. The rise of 'elective injuries' Full story
3. Joint Commission issues safety alert on preventing surgical burns Full story
4. In-house genomic testing helped Lehigh Valley Health Network achieve cost transparency, faster results and better care plans for patients. Get an inside look at the system's lab and what it took to launch the new tests.
5. California system launches $100K RN incentive program Full story
6. 1st human death from bird flu strain recorded in China Full story
7. Antimicrobial stewardship is 'essential' to prevent C. diff: Updated hospital guidance Full story
8. Nickalus Children's creates 'undiagnosed diseases clinic' Full story
9. Chief wellness officers shouldn't be solely responsible for reducing burnout. See how Kaiser is engaging operational leaders to promote clinician well-being across its 10,000-physician medical group.
10. Long COVID-19 in kids: 4 physician takeaways Full story
11. UofL Health chief medical officer: 'Do something' on gun violence Full story
12. New York physician arrested, charged with sexual abuse of patients Full story
13. Hospitals need data strategies that actually work. Find out what's missing from yours here.
14. North Carolina nurses rally over patient safety concerns Full story
15. UC Irvine creates CNO certificate program Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Early detection is a must to improve sepsis outcomes. See how sepsis monitoring helped an Arkansas hospital boost compliance rates — and save $384K in the process.
2. Clinicians are already overwhelmed — don't add OR supply disruptions to their list of grievances. Keep your shelves reliably stocked with these tips.
3. Diagnostic errors cost US healthcare systems $20B a year. Read more about the tech enabling 4x greater diagnostic accuracy, better patient satisfaction + equity.