1. COVID-19 cases rise nationwide: 9 CDC findings Full story
2. Fauci, Gottlieb urge self-interpretation amid COVID-19 case undercounts, relaxed mask rules Full story
3. CMS to end reimbursement to Montana State Hospital over patient safety concerns Full story
4. Leading health systems have proactive workforce strategies. Here's how they're using data to boost retention + cut labor costs.
5. Why did flu, COVID-19 'twindemic' never happen? 1 explanation Full story
6. New Texas hospital limits operations after water contaminated Full story
7. Cybercriminals love hospitals — health data is valuable and healthcare IT security is often flawed. Here are 5 ways to prevent ransomware and fight back.
8. COVID-19 cases projected to jump 54.4% by April 23: 3 forecasts Full story
9. Amazon wants a hospital C-leader whisperer Full story
10. 8 best health systems to work for: Fortune Full story
11. Improving the consumer experience isn't just a feel-good measure. It encompasses efficiencies, improved financial performance + increased loyalty. Click here for solid next steps.
12. Meet HCA Florida hospital's skydiving chief medical officer Full story
13. 5 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
14. COVID-19 cases up in 26 states, hospitalizations up in 9 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.
2. Needlesticks are up fivefold as vaccines are given outside carefully controlled facilities. Click here for best safety practices.
3. Long COVID-19 is still largely a mystery. Here are the new findings revealed by real-world data.