1. 'TikTok gum challenge' spurs hospitalizations Full story
2. Layoffs loom for CommonSpirit Full story
3. Nurse sues Exeter Hospital, claiming wrongful termination over flu shot refusal Full story
4. Chief wellness officers shouldn't be solely responsible for reducing burnout. See how Kaiser is engaging operational leaders to promote clinician well-being across its 10,000-physician medical group.
5. Yay or nay on nurse training in simulation labs? 3 New York nurse leaders weigh in Full story
6. By itself, masking in hospitals doesn't stop COVID-19 spread: Study Full story
7. 11 notes on the new omicron subvariant Full story
8. CDC warns clinicians about risks of imported cases of Marburg Full story
9. Ransomware attacks + payouts are growing way beyond what healthcare can afford. Don't let this $1.85M issue get to you — learn 5 preventive steps you can take now.
10. Ascension nurses in Texas protest staffing levels Full story
11. Iredell Health raises minimum wage, ups starting nurse pay to $30 an hour Full story
12. How a Michigan CMO improved positive clinician opinions of leadership from 16% to 25% in 1 year Full story
13. This chronic condition costs the U.S. healthcare system at least $50 billion annually. Learn what CommonSpirit, Geisinger & HCA Midwest are doing about it here.
14. The workflow change that cut physician inbox volume by 25% Full story
15. 10 hospitals seeking chief nursing officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. 75% of healthcare providers are stuck in the past when it comes to TB testing. Learn about the simple, accurate blood test that makes life easier for patients and physicians.
2. The future of blood transfusions is to be error-free. See why Johns Hopkins implemented a point-of-care blood management system and how it saved them $436K.
3. 47% of providers think patient access today is worse than it was 2 years ago. Get insights from patients, providers on what can be done to improve patient access here.