1. The 'so what wave': Why the US is so blasé about BA.2 Full story
2. COVID cases tick up in 21 states as hospitalizations continue to fall Full story
3. 2 leaders laid off from Mississippi hospital Full story
4. Advantages of ERAS for patients and hospitals — 4 Qs with 2 senior consultants from Cardinal Health
5. CDC mask guidelines spur confusion among hospitals Full story
6. Biden's plan for long COVID-19: 4 notes Full story
7. Don't rely on old data to streamline patient flow. Join the discussion on sustainable analytics to predict discharges + remove admissions bottlenecks.
8. 2 states, 2 health system approaches to nurse recruitment Full story
9. GOP blocks $10B Senate COVID bill, demands vote on immigration policy Full story
10. Combat veterans, COVID-19 healthcare workers experience similar rates of 'moral injury,' study finds Full story
11. It's time for hospital CIOs to open the digital front door. Join this virtual session to see how UC Davis Health is meeting the demands of healthcare consumerism.
12. Connecticut system names chief medical officer Full story
13. 7 hospitals laying off workers Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patient no-shows cost the healthcare industry billions every year. See the 7 most common reasons patients skip appointments and how to address them here.
2. The nation’s first evidence-based ERAS cardiac program improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, and increases patient and surgeon satisfaction.
3. 56% of large hospitals have 4 or more simultaneous automation initiatives. Click here to learn 10 trends shaping the technology's future.