1. Coronavirus variant XBB.1.16 spotted in 18 states Full story
2. Nurse wins contested unemployment benefits claim after assault from patient Full story
3. Nevada and California lead nation in number of C. auris cases Full story
4. Travel nursing contracts are squeezing hospitals' budgets — the solution might be in their own backyard. Here's how to connect with local talent.
5. 2 dead, 1 hospitalized after medical helicopter crash Full story
6. Senior exec salaries cut by 10% in Billings Clinic financial stability plan Full story
7. FDA to clear another booster for high-risk groups, officials say Full story
8. U of California Irvine launches fast-track, online training program for aspiring chief medical officers Full story
9. Siloed data systems don't have to hold up digital transformation. Achieve strong data management despite this challenge with tips from this discussion.
10. Major compromises move Oregon nurse staffing ratio bill closer to passing Full story
11. Girl's rare infection tied to iguana bite: Stanford researchers Full story
12. What's next in hospitals? Leveraging the 'voice of the bedside care team' Full story
13. Walking the digital transformation tightrope — 2 leaders share the secret to balancing innovation and scalability with EHR compliance and security here.
14. FDA stops cancer drug trial after 2 patient deaths Full story
15. 10 states with the largest dips in travel nurse pay Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. 75% of healthcare providers are stuck in the past when it comes to TB testing. Learn about the simple, accurate blood test that makes life easier for patients and physicians.
2. For City of Hope, precision oncology is more than a pathway to treatment — it's a community pillar. Read their 5 lessons to build a program that improves patient care + outcomes.
3. Clinicians are already overwhelmed — don't add OR supply disruptions to their list of grievances. Keep your shelves reliably stocked with these tips.