1. COVID-19 cases tick up in 20 states as hospitalizations continue to fall Full story
2. Omicron XE variant: 5 things to know Full story
3. Physician assistant average annual wage in 50 states Full story
4. Ortho surgeon Dr. Javad Parvizi weighs in on ICM's new consensus statement on blood clot prevention — 5 Qs answered
5. Patient accuses former Tennessee hospital CEO of assault with a deadly weapon Full story
6. Scant guidance on 2nd booster leaves physicians with questions Full story
7. Hospitals often overlook key audit components that can hurt quality scores. Learn what they are and how to incorporate them for more accurate scores here.
8. Minnesota health system prohibits physicians from moonlighting in law enforcement Full story
9. Hospitals are bolstering wages. Is it sustainable? Full story
10. Missouri health system CEO resigns after 18 months Full story
11. Staffing challenges snowball into nurses being overtasked, battling inefficiency and missing out on continuing ed. Learn why some health systems are adopting clinical decision support + how it helps.
12. Pharmacists' scope of practice grows despite physicians' objections Full story
13. COVID-19 cases fell by just 3% last week: 10 CDC findings Full story
14. 23 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Can your call center be eliminated? Learn the five steps leaders must take to move toward intelligent automation.
2. 30% of adults are grappling with medical costs — including your patients. It's time to put patient payments first. Here's how
3. Healthcare CEOs agree that current delivery and business models aren’t ready for coming changes. Learn how to prepare with streamlined workflows and connected data