1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. UnitedHealthcare squeezes competition like a 'boa constrictor,' physicians say Full story
3. State of COVID-19: What you should know about the CDC's 5 variants of concern Full story
4. The nurse staffing conundrum: Learn how Emory simplified scheduling during this live virtual discussion.
5. Hackensack Meridian coronavirus test screens for several variants, gives results in under 3 hours Full story
6. Cardiology group sues SSM Health for $50M over lost hospital privileges: 5 details Full story
7. Eliminating splashes, spill, smoke and other hazards in the OR is possible. Click here to learn more.
8. COVID-19 surges threaten healthcare workers' mental health, WHO warns Full story
9. 7 top developments in US COVID-19 news this week Full story
10. How 2 health systems made their COVID-19 vaccine rollout as efficient as possible Full story
11. There are new guidelines to prevent pressure injuries at U.S. hospitals. Click here for key findings on studies outlining new technology's role.
12. Physician group under federal investigation tries to claw back emails Full story
13. Brigham and Women's CNO launches podcast on resiliency Full story
14. Nearly 30% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in UK readmitted, study finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Attracting and retaining healthcare consumers: Learn the 6 patient experience zones your organization needs to master.
2. There's a better way to communicate with ED patients. Click here to learn how Hackensack Meridian Health boosted patient satisfaction scores.
3. Easy-to-use technology allows providers to overcome communication issues with patients. Click here to learn more.