1. What's changed 1 year after RaDonda Vaught's conviction? Full story
2. Nurse, 7 officers charged in death of man who refused blood draw Full story
3. Novant lays off 50, including executives Full story
4. Implementing an automated hand hygiene monitoring system (AHHMS) alone is not enough to increase hand hygiene performance in hospitals. A published study demonstrates healthcare facilities that actively partner with their AHHMS vendor can achieve greater improvement in hand hygiene performance.
5. COVID-19 national emergency could end sooner than May Full story
6. Cleveland Clinic London appoints physician as president Full story
7. UnitedHealthcare cutting 20% of prior authorizations Full story
8. Kaiser lays out public health agenda Full story
9. Yesterday's strategies are a recipe for failure in today's value-based world. Set your organization up for success with these tips.
10. AACN awards 15 nurses for workplace improvements Full story
11. Viewpoint: Resilience stems from hospitals' commitment to safety Full story
12. 'Everything cannot be accomplished all at once': Garnet Health CEO on how prioritizing goals can help reduce burnout Full story
13. Healthcare lost decades of progress in the fight against HAIs. Get your hospital's infection prevention efforts back on track with this key strategy.
14. 1 in 5 Massachusetts nurses plan to leave the field. Where will they go? Full story
15. 58 hospitals, health systems among Fortune's 'Most Innovative Companies' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. UAB Hospital shortened wait times and boosted clinic visits 7.4% — without the need for a costly expansion project. See how one of the nation's busiest outpatient centers did it.
2. The future of blood transfusions is to be error-free. See why Johns Hopkins implemented a point-of-care blood management system and how it saved them $436K.
3. Anesthesiologists at a major Fla. hospital are rejoicing: 'no more little pieces of paper.' Read their take on the cloud-based tech that's improving documentation + OR efficiency