1. Texas Vista Medical Center to close with all 827 employees laid off Full story
2. 25 best hospitals for pediatrics, per Leapfrog Full story
3. Care New England workers vote 'no confidence' in hospital leadership Full story
4. Micromedex users conduct 3,000 searches every minute. Here are 3 important trends of how clinicians are using the solution.
5. Engage + rehire former workers: Key thoughts from Providence, Keck Medicine Full story
6. CDC: 1 booster is enough Full story
7. 2 Boston-area hospitals are closed, delaying care for some patients Full story
8. Trinity Health's internal travel nurse program grew 300% during the pandemic Full story
9. Pharmacy disruptions are coming. Learn how to stay ahead of the curve and turn challenges into opportunities here.
10. A hospital fight is renewed — over hospitals Full story
11. Invest in new drugs to combat antibiotic resistance, experts urge Full story
12. New human case of bird flu identified in China Full story
13. Long turnaround times, overtime costs & more: How Yale Smilow Cancer Center alleviated top oncology pharmacy challenges.
14. American College of Physicians president echoes health leaders' calls for gun reform in wake of Nashville shooting Full story
15. 5 hospitals, systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Intermountain's secret to effective quality improvement? Empowering caregivers to explore data on their own. See how the system is boosting efficiency and lowering costs with this unique data strategy.
2. For City of Hope, precision oncology is more than a pathway to treatment — it's a community pillar. Read their 5 lessons to build a program that improves patient care + outcomes.
3. Diagnostic errors cost US healthcare systems $20B a year. Read more about the tech enabling 4x greater diagnostic accuracy, better patient satisfaction + equity.