1. New guidelines aim to limit transgender care in Catholic hospitals Full story
2. Nurse charged with involuntary manslaughter in patient's death Full story
3. An unintended consequence of medical escort rules Full story
4. From specimen collection to a space-saving design, Stryker's Neptune S is leveling up the standard for waste management.* Open to your needs and closed to everything else. Visit SafeOR.com
5. New York City spends $18M+ on travel nurses for 1 hospital, union claims Full story
6. Healthcare employment reaches pre-pandemic levels Full story
7. Meritus Health CEO: Make health inequity a 'never event' Full story
8. Staff concerns rise after nurse hospitalized from drug smoke in patient room Full story
9. Mental health care is vital — but how do patients find it when nearly 20% of all U.S. counties have zero mental health providers? Step out of the dark ages with these tools and best practices.
10. Managing violent patients — just another thing healthcare workers have to do Full story
11. 30 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
12. Northern Light ends some eye surgeries at Maine hospital Full story
13. Pharmacy disruptions are coming. Learn how to stay ahead of the curve and turn challenges into opportunities here.
14. Foodborne bacteria may cause half a million UTIs each year: Study Full story
15. 10 states with the highest, lowest death rates from COVID-19 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Download in One Click
1. The future of blood transfusions is to be error-free. See why Johns Hopkins implemented a point-of-care blood management system and how it saved them $436K.
2. Poor care plan adherence is an old challenge that requires modern solutions. Learn 3 key action items for improving the post-intervention journey based on insights from 2,000+ vascular patients, physicians and healthcare leaders.
3. For City of Hope, precision oncology is more than a pathway to treatment — it's a community pillar. Read their 5 lessons to build a program that improves patient care + outcomes.