1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm on what the UK variant means for the pandemic's 3rd act Full story
3. The race between variants & vaccines: Where things stand today Full story
4. The role of teamwork in NICU safety. Click here to learn how administrators can cultivate a safer care environment for newborns.
5. Senate confirms Dr. Rachel Levine as HHS assistant health secretary Full story
6. 40+ states say they will meet, beat Biden's May 1 deadline for vaccine eligibility Full story
7. Safety net providers are losing millions in potential revenue tied to 340B. Learn how to make the most of the drug discount program during this virtual discussion. Join here.
8. Loretto Hospital executive resigns amid uproar over improper distribution of COVID-19 vaccinations Full story
9. US COVID-19 cases surpass 30M: 5 updates Full story
10. 13 hospitals seeking CMOs Full story
11. Eliminating splashes, spill, smoke and other hazards in the OR is possible. Click here to learn more.
12. Hospitals versus the pandemic, told through 10 stats Full story
13. How a Northwestern physician wellness program reduces burnout, creates well-being advocates Full story
14. 20 infected in COVID-19 outbreak at Duke hospital's surgery, oncology unit Full story
15. 5 states with the highest medical malpractice payouts Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Easy-to-use technology allows providers to overcome communication issues with patients. Click here to learn more.
2. Close the gap between lost revenues and positive cash flow through guided claim recovery. Learn more here.
3. Most providers believe health plans have the final say in claims adjudication. But what about ERISA? Learn how providers can increase patient revenue by using ERISA appeals in this whitepaper.