1. Ex-Vanderbilt nurse's trial could set dangerous precedent, ANA warns Full story
2. COVID-19 cases tick up in 9 states Full story
3. Wisconsin makes threatening healthcare workers a felony Full story
4. Managing inpatient capacity requires a complex balancing act, and staffing shortages haven't made this any easier. Get tips to better meet current and future care demands here.
5. CDC monitors worst bird flu outbreak since 2015: 5 notes Full story
6. Memorial Hermann names chief nursing executive Full story
7. Staffing challenges snowball into nurses being overtasked, battling inefficiency and missing out on continuing ed. Learn why some health systems are adopting clinical decision support + how it helps.
8. Dr. Vineet Arora: Female physicians are not immune to the 'she-cession' Full story
9. 10 physicians, healthcare CEO to pay $1.68M to settle kickback claims Full story
10. 8 recent hospital, health system executive resignations Full story
11. How Duke, Mayo Clinic are stamping out healthcare disparities and improving patients' access to care. Join the live virtual discussion here.
12. Mount Sinai launches US' 1st clinic to reduce stillbirths Full story
13. 6 health systems opening hospitals Full story
14. 41% of family physicians faced malpractice lawsuit in 2021: 6 Medscape findings Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Eliminate extra clicks and cumbersome EHR workarounds for clinicians. Learn how in this 6-part guide.
2. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt
3. Healthcare CEOs agree that current delivery and business models aren’t ready for coming changes. Learn how to prepare with streamlined workflows and connected data