1. ERs grapple with boarding, burnout and déjà vu Full story
2. HHS to break up, reorganize organ transplant system Full story
3. End of PHE 'a call to arms' for refining hospital data reporting Full story
4. Are your claims actually getting paid? This is how one critical access hospital is working to stop denials and reduce time spent on fixing rejected claims.
5. 20 highest, lowest-paid physician specialties: Doximity Full story
6. White House to dissolve COVID-19 response team Full story
7. Washington hospitals will 'cease to exist' if losses continue, leaders say Full story
8. Miami systems halt adult heart transplant program Full story
9. Long turnaround times, overtime costs & more: How Yale Smilow Cancer Center alleviated top oncology pharmacy challenges.
10. Vanderbilt welcomes 1st Black woman into neurosurgery residency Full story
11. 2 more deaths linked to infections from eye drops Full story
12. Florida hospital board meeting draws crowd of COVID-19 critics Full story
13. Solving OR inefficiencies doesn't need to be a costly, complex process. Baptist Health shares how they solved challenges, boosted prime-time utilization in this session.
14. US child mortality rising at rates not seen in 50 years Full story
15. States ranked by obesity rates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Download in One Click
1. Responding to drug shortages is time consuming and disruptive. Learn how University of Virginia Health predicts drug shortages before they occur and finds fast, reliable substitutions.
2. HAIs are running a $28.4B/year tab. Read how some facilities are reducing infections, length of stay + costs.
3. Early detection is a must to improve sepsis outcomes. See how sepsis monitoring helped an Arkansas hospital boost compliance rates — and save $384K in the process.