1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Beth Israel Lahey's physician-poaching is hindering Massachusetts hospital's reopening, its president says Full story
3. Meet new HHS secretary Xavier Becerra: 5 things to know Full story
4. Specialty drug costs are rapidly rising. Learn how to create a customized specialty pharmacy plan for your hospital during this live virtual event.
5. Michigan may be nation's next COVID-19 hotspot: 7 things to know Full story
6. People age 65+ at higher risk for reinfection, study suggests Full story
7. Safety net providers are losing millions in potential revenue tied to 340B. Learn how to make the most of the drug discount program during this virtual discussion. Join here.
8. Pew sets national targets to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescriptions Full story
9. Trinity Health, Mount Carmel must face libel claims, court rules Full story
10. Kentucky nursing home outbreak may be tied to new coronavirus variant Full story
11. For clinical leaders, good is never good enough. Learn how peers are staying ahead of the curve on sterilization, diabetes care, VTE prevention and more during these live virtual discussions.
12. Tennessee hospital 6 weeks behind on paychecks, employees say Full story
13. NYC Health + Hospitals aims to reduce unnecessary care with new guidelines Full story
14. 15 hospital, health system CEO retirements in 2021 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What 102 million hospital transactions reveal about denials — and what your hospital can do to prevent them. Click here to learn more.
2. Servant leadership and nurse well-being. Click here to learn why CNOs believe the future of nursing is brighter than ever.
3. Why hospitals are turning to mobile apps to bounce back from COVID-19 losses — Click here to download the 4-point rundown.