1. States slow to act on travel nurse prices Full story
2. Do strikes harm patients? Evidence is limited Full story
3. US maternal mortality hits 58-year high Full story
4. Today's nurses demand flexible scheduling. Learn from the CNO of Texas Children's Hospital + 12 other nursing leaders what workforce flexibility should look like.
5. Northwell leans on externs for nurse hiring pipeline Full story
6. Crozer Health lays off 215 Full story
7. New Butler-Excela system lays off 13 managers Full story
8. Dignity Health workers to protest staffing levels at 26 California facilities Full story
9. ECGs can still spell trouble in the clinical setting. Learn better ways to ensure consistent monitoring and how to keep wired-up patients more comfortable
10. MD Anderson names chief quality and value officer Full story
11. The people providing $600 billion in unpaid care Full story
12. How Johns Hopkins aims to boost nurse leader diversity Full story
13. Hospitals are only as successful as their employees are. Learn how to create a culture of accountability and staff engagement to improve your clinical, financial and operational outcomes here.
14. Northwestern surgeons perform double lung transplant in 2 cancer patients Full story
15. 13 recent moves from nurse unions Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The next frontier for emergency medicine? Telehealth. Learn what's possible vs what's practical here.
2. Avoid the RCM pitfalls of manual processes and revenue leakage. A better recipe for RCM takes a holistic approach and incorporates automation and increased revenue.
3. Don't stunt your ASC's growth. Learn how to remove revenue cycle roadblocks and ensure success here.