1. Coronavirus levels rising at some US wastewater sampling sites Full story
2. Healthgrades recognizes 448 hospitals for patient safety Full story
3. New Mexico hospital staff want management ousted as employees exit Full story
4. In a digital world, AI is making it easier for physicians to document care without the use of a medical scribe. Click here for your guide to improve documentation and put the conversation back in the patient encounter.
5. Idaho passes abortion ban modeled on Texas' law Full story
6. What's driving Europe's uptick in COVID-19 cases: 5 notes Full story
7. How can hospitals cut into surgical backlogs amid staff and bed shortages? Baptist Health may have found the answer. Click here to learn more.
8. Nurses at 15 Sutter Health facilities to protest over health, safety concerns Full story
9. Cook County Health chief medical officer encourages healthcare leaders to be staunch patient advocates Full story
10. 10 most overweight US cities Full story
11. Don't rely on old data to streamline patient flow. Join the discussion on sustainable analytics to predict discharges + remove admissions bottlenecks.
12. How US primary care stacks up against other wealthy countries Full story
13. Merck antiviral used more than expected, data shows Full story
14. 'World's most ethical companies' list includes 9 health systems Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 70% of patients would rather hospitals invest in their experiences than traditional marketing. Take the Empathy Experience Challenge to learn more.
2. Can your call center be eliminated? Learn the five steps leaders must take to move toward intelligent automation.
3. 30% of adults are grappling with medical costs — including your patients. It's time to put patient payments first. Here's how