1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Alaska opens vaccines to all residents 16+; New York lowers age to 60 — 5 state updates Full story
3. As nurses strike at Tenet Massachusetts hospital, another union plans to picket Full story
4. Up to 70% of venous thromboembolisms can be avoided. Learn how to empower your nurses as VTE prevention champions during this upcoming webinar.
5. OU Medicine inks merger to form academic health system Full story
6. Tampa General Hospital names new CNO Full story
7. Serious bleeds pose a huge risk to patients and healthcare organizations. Address the threat with expert insight shared during this upcoming featured session.
8. CDC reports drop in HIV testing during pandemic Full story
9. Some COVID-19 long-haulers were asymptomatic during initial infection, early research shows Full story
10. Cardiologist admits to unlawfully prescribing 8,600 oxycodone pills Full story
11. Manual processes fail in the work from home era. Learn how to cultivate a robust digital strategy and boost clinician engagement with tips from this whitepaper. Download here
12. A primer on Dr. B, the site matching Americans with leftover COVID-19 vaccine doses Full story
13. Houston reports uncontrolled community spread of UK variant Full story
14. States ranked by COVID-19 cases: March 10 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What 102 million hospital transactions reveal about denials — and what your hospital can do to prevent them. Click here to learn more.
2. Servant leadership and nurse well-being. Click here to learn why CNOs believe the future of nursing is brighter than ever.
3. 1 It’s time payers give members the same type of personalized engagement they get from retail interactions. Click here to learn how, and why it will boost employee retention.