1. Former Maine hospital housekeeping director says he was fired for raising safety concerns Full story
2. Dozens pretend to be healthcare workers, get COVID-19 vaccine in Florida: FEMA Full story
3. North Carolina health system CEO to step down Full story
4. Infusion centers shouldn’t feel like they’re playing Tetris when forming daily schedules. Click here to learn how to implement predictive algorithms to optimize supply and demand matching.
5. Fully vaccinated people don't need masks around low-risk unvaccinated people, CDC says: 4 notes Full story
6. Surgeon defends Zoom hearing from OR, says patient safety was not jeopardized Full story
7. The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is just beginning. For key lessons and tips to improve the process, click here.
8. New York surgeon to pay $783K to resolve fraudulent billing case Full story
9. COVID-19 vaccinations up 36% in 1 week: 12 CDC stats to know Full story
10. 5 top states for healthcare, ranked by US News & World Report Full story
11. Optimize your hospital for the challenges of today and tomorrow — click here for expertise on population health, workforce management, clinical collaboration and more.
12. Flu activity still unusually low — 4 CDC FluView takeaways Full story
13. 10 most expensive drugs in the US Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Manual processes fail in the work from home era. Learn how to cultivate a robust digital strategy and boost clinician engagement with tips from this whitepaper. Download here
2. 160+ healthcare executives ranked the industry's greatest challenges. Click here to find out what came in at No. 1.
3. The new blueprint for payer customer experience success. Click here to read the 3-point report.