1. 'Test-to-treat' program too narrow, risky, medical groups say Full story
2. Texas Children's Hospital halts gender-affirming therapies Full story
3. Dr. Hugh Long, who led New Orleans hospital board, dies in snowmobile accident Full story
4. Nuance Dragon Medical One Earns #1 Best in KLAS 2022 Award for Speech Recognition: Front-End EMR Learn more
5. Health experts urge against COVID-19 complacency: 12 calls to action from their new 136-page plan Full story
6. 892 hospitals at risk of closure, state by state Full story
7. Cleveland Clinic, Advent Health & more adapted to the digital world to improve patient experiences. Click here to learn how they deliver the consumer-like experiences patients now expect.
8. Bats found inside Louisiana hospital Full story
9. Donated cadaver shortage complicates medical training at New Mexico University Full story
10. 7 systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
11. Managing inpatient capacity requires a complex balancing act, and staffing shortages haven't made this any easier. Get tips to better meet current and future care demands here.
12. Illinois hospital on verge of losing license Full story
13. Legislation aimed at setting nursing ratios fails in Washington Senate Full story
14. Flu hospitalizations rise 4th week in a row — 9 CDC notes Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The nation's first evidence-based ERAS cardiac program improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, and increases patient and surgeon satisfaction.
2. Patient no-shows cost the healthcare industry billions every year. See the 7 most common reasons patients skip appointments and how to address them here.
3. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.