1. States slow to adopt 'physician associate' term Full story
2. Beyond pay and wellness programs: What makes healthcare workers stay Full story
3. 10 states with the largest dips in travel nurse pay Full story
4. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.
5. McLaren hospital to close Full story
6. Nobody's happy with physician pay Full story
7. Officials worry Central California county may lose 40% of nursing workforce Full story
8. Nurse heading the matching program tackles criticism Full story
9. What if DME ordering was as easy as online shopping with an insurance card? At UCLA Health and St. Luke's, it is. See how they streamlined the process to reduce discharge delays and boost clinician satisfaction here.
10. Hybrid flu, COVID-19 shots won't be ready this fall: FDA Full story
11. Cleveland Clinic's new employer offering Full story
12. Vaccine developers prep for bird flu; 2 new human cases found in China Full story
13. ORs are too critical a space to risk mismatched supply and demand. See what's leading systems like CommonSpirit to better efficiency and 14.5x ROI.
14. 15,000 HCA workers begin contract bargaining Full story
15. How physicians can partner with 'Dr. Google' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. With tight budgets and limited staff, hospitals must do more with less. Here's how this Midwest hospital saved thousands while improving efficiency.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.