1. Biden to GOP: Don't touch healthcare dollars Full story
2. Nurse impostor treated patients for 15 years, police say Full story
3. How Keck Medicine is doubling down on care quality Full story
4. Anesthesia subsidies are creeping into outpatient centers and insurance companies are lowering nurse anesthetist reimbursements. This CRNA argues why you need to pay attention.
5. Water main break prompts New Jersey hospital to evacuate patients Full story
6. Who spent $1M to disparage a hospital? Full story
7. 11 states where H5N1 has jumped to mammals in 2023 Full story
8. Hospital CEO exits hit 4-year high Full story
9. Healthcare's next big thing? Population genomics. Get ahead of the curve and see how a South Carolina health system is using this as an emerging standard of care.
10. How Michael Dowling gets leaders to take the politics out of gun violence Full story
11. Bare minimum Mondays.' 'Conscious quitting.' People are thinking differently about work Full story
12. Oregon hospital CNO: Nurse-to-patient ratios don't work during a shortage Full story
13. Participating in a clinically integrated network comes with benefits and challenges. Here's how ACOs affect clinical integration for payers, providers and patients.
14. Vanderbilt nursing legend dies after 45 years of service Full story
15. 5 hospitals, systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. 'Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.