1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. J&J vaccine available in 1-2 days, CEO says; House passes $1.9 trillion relief plan — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. California medical board investigating surgeon who attended Zoom court hearing from operating room Full story
4. Surgical service line integration plan drives expanded access for surgery patients at Parkview Medical Center. Learn more
5. FTC drops challenge to Philadelphia health system merger Full story
6. Geisinger criticized for administering COVID-19 vaccines to employees' family members Full story
7. Up to 70% of venous thromboembolisms can be avoided. Learn how to empower your nurses as VTE prevention champions during this upcoming webinar.
8. NewYork-Presbyterian CXO Rick Evans: How do you maintain patient experience during the pandemic? Full story
9. 'Trending' clinicians' notes in EHRs may help predict real-time COVID-19 surges Full story
10. Single dose of Pfizer's vaccine strongly protects COVID-19 survivors, studies suggest Full story
11. Financially sustainable surgical excellence — Lessons learned from Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Click here to attend the live virtual discussion.
12. Press Ganey taps former Jefferson Health nurse as CNO Full story
13. 7 hospitals hiring chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How does your health system select its partners? Click here to learn how to pursue strategic partnerships that are built to last.
2. Enterprise imaging boosts metrics in all aspects of your organization. Click here for next strategies and next steps.
3. With the sudden rise of telehealth, how should your health system balance patient care preferences? Learn how to create a seamless hybrid care delivery model with best practices from this whitepaper. Download here