1. Undercover agents bought fake nursing degrees with no medical experience Full story
2. 'I wish we could see our vet instead': Patient burnout grows Full story
3. The unexpected benefit Erlanger saw after raising nurse pay Full story
4. Share your hospital's biggest clinical workflow challenges in this survey to attend a Becker's conference for free.
5. Iowa nurse sanctioned for adopting baby, then fired after licensing board error Full story
6. Northwell Health's ED discharge program 'game changer' for vulnerable patients Full story
7. Health experts react to 'low confidence' conclusion that COVID-19 came from lab leak Full story
8. Tenet makes 5 leadership changes in Massachusetts Full story
9. What if DME ordering was as easy as online shopping with an insurance card? At UCLA Health and St. Luke's, it is. See how they streamlined the process to reduce discharge delays and boost clinician satisfaction here.
10. UPMC, top surgeon to pay $8.5M to settle whistleblower suit Full story
11. CDC adds long COVID-19 to death certificate guidance Full story
12. Physician group touts ivermectin as flu, RSV treatment — but it's unproven Full story
13. Demand for mental healthcare is exploding. With staffing shortages, it seems impossible for providers to keep up. Learn how a telehealth partnership for mental healthcare can increase access, improves outcomes.
14. UCLA nurses plan protest over unsafe patient conditions Full story
15. 7 hospitals seeking chief medical officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. Improve value-based care amid staffing shortages. Here's how 4 organizations got it done.