1. What experts are saying about the potential for a 2nd flu wave Full story
2. Penn Medicine hospital cited over wrong-site surgery Full story
3. 11-year-old boy dies from flesh-eating bacteria after ankle injury, invasive Strep A Full story
4. Demand for mental healthcare is exploding. With staffing shortages, it seems impossible for providers to keep up. Learn how a telehealth partnership for mental healthcare can increase access, improves outcomes.
5. Kaiser Permanente to shift 1,200 jobs out of HQ Full story
6. FDA expands recall of eye products tied to bacterial infections Full story
7. 21 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
8. 60% of Americans uncomfortable with AI in medical care: 4 findings Full story
9. Participating in a clinically integrated network comes with benefits and challenges. Here's how ACOs affect clinical integration for payers, providers and patients.
10. Providence expands education program for 100,000 employees Full story
11. Trinity Michigan hospital temporarily closes floor, cites workers shortages Full story
12. Hackensack Meridian's medical school receives accreditation Full story
13. Give physicians what they want — without breaking the bank. See how hospitals are tapping retainment strategies that don't hurt their balance sheets here.
14. Senators introduce bill to expand physician-led hospitals Full story
15. 110 hospital and health system chief medical officers to know | 2023 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Improve value-based care amid staffing shortages. Here's how 4 organizations got it done.
2. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.
3. The next frontier for emergency medicine? Telehealth. Learn what's possible vs what's practical here.