1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. States seek excess vaccines reserved for nursing homes; US commits $4B to Covax initiative — 7 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. CMS cuts payments to 774 hospitals over patient complications Full story
4. Join leaders from Intermountain, Cedars-Sinai and more to discuss employee wellness, high drug costs and other key topics at the Becker's Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy Virtual Event. Register here
5. Florida health department increases security at vaccine site after women disguise themselves to get vaccinated, officials say Full story
6. Houston Methodist hospitals 'overwhelmed' with dialysis patients, CEO says Full story
7. IBM Watson Health understands clinicians have no time to waste. Click here to learn how its API and cloud technologies can deliver insights at the point of care.
8. Workforce COVID-19 vaccination rates among 6 top US hospitals Full story
9. Texas power improves as water problems worsen: 5 things to know Friday Full story
10. Oncologists sue Maryland hospital over lost privileges Full story
11. Cut through the tech-speak. Click here to learn what CMS’s proposed rule for interoperability and prior authorizations mean for your organization.
12. Pennsylvania providers misusing vaccine doses may cause vaccination delays for 100K residents, state says Full story
13. US nursing school enrollments rose 6% in 2020 Full story
14. 13 hospitals, health systems that have launched post-COVID-19 clinics Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is your hospital getting the most out of its AI-powered tools? Click here to learn the 5 stages clinical digital assistants need to become truly ambient.
2. Enterprise imaging boosts metrics in all aspects of your organization. Click here for next strategies and next steps.
3. 10 must-reads for leaders prioritizing clinician wellness in 2021 Learn more