1. When it comes to masking in hospitals, '1 size doesn't fit all,' says Northwell Health's chief of infectious diseases Full story
2. Walmart heir's medical school taps founding dean, CEO Full story
3. Nurse staffing mandates begin journey through state legislatures Full story
4. These health systems are working to help clinicians rediscover the joy of medicine. Click here to discover how.
5. COVID-19 admissions up in 8 states Full story
6. The promises and pitfalls of ChatGPT: How hospitals, physicians might use it Full story
7. Tenet's contract labor expenses dropped 23% in 4 months Full story
8. Healthcare worker vaccine mandate still in effect, New York governor says Full story
9. Augmented intelligence is headed to the C-suite. See how executives are using it to focus decisions during this session.
10. Providence hospital physicians seek union recognition Full story
11. 7 health policy valentines to celebrate Feb. 14 Full story
12. Walmart faces suits over eye drops that allegedly killed 1, blinded 5 Full story
13. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
14. 25% of physicians struggle with imposter syndrome: 6 notes Full story
15. 5 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 'Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
2. Nurse shortages aren't just a 'now' problem — retirements are outpacing those entering the field. Smart orgs are looking ahead + using these key tactics to prepare.
3. Improve value-based care amid staffing shortages. Here's how 4 organizations got it done.