1. How Henry Ford rehired 25% of nurses who left during the pandemic Full story
2. HHS releases roadmap out of public health emergency Full story
3. Nurse viewpoint: Mandatory stafing ratios are the rong fight Full story
4. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
5. Trinity Health hospital locks down after bomb threat, X-ray finds fruit Full story
6. WHO warns bird flu's risk to humans could increase: 6 updates Full story
7. XBB.1.5's prevalence jumps to 75%: CDC Full story
8. Johns Hopkins to sunset COVID-19 tracker Full story
9. Can health equity improve without adding costs? Learn how remote patient monitoring benefits all key stakeholders and why so many systems are adopting it.
10. Idaho's St. Luke's to reduce workforce by 2%, eliminates executive positions Full story
11. CDC unable to identify source of infection spread in Oklahoma Full story
12. Navigating hard patient conversations, per 3 physicians Full story
13. This automation strategy is proven to realize ROI and scalable value — quickly. Learn the playbook this CTO deployed + the first crucial step in the model for success.
14. Virginia hospital's pharmacy abruptly closes Full story
15. 7 hospital, state moves to fight physician shortages Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
2. Your health system is expanding your ambulatory care. But it’s risky. How to make sure your ambulatory expansion works? Hear keys to ambulatory success.
3. Nurse shortages aren't just a 'now' problem — retirements are outpacing those entering the field. Smart orgs are looking ahead + using these key tactics to prepare.