1. What the nursing degree scheme means for staffing shortages Full story
2. Fire spurs Massachusetts hospital to evaluate 160 patients Full story
3. Biden's State of the Union: 10 healthcare takeaways Full story
4. Time is of the essence when treating patients with rare bleeding disorders. See how UT Health San Antonio is getting patients the care they need sooner via a new clinical pathway.
5. Man arrested after pulling knife on Intermountain employee, demanding patient info Full story
6. CDC: Surge in severe strep marked return to pre-pandemic trends Full story
7. Avian flu's spread to mammals: A timeline Full story
8. How to retain seasoned nurses, per 8 focus groups Full story
9. The demand for virtual care isn't going away. Learn which processes your healthcare organization should digitize to improve efficiency without sacrificing security here.
10. Hospital admission rates, by state Full story
11. UTI drug shows success in fighting deadly brain-eating amoeba Full story
12. Newsweek's best workplaces for diversity include over 100 hospitals, health systems Full story
13. A late heart disease diagnosis is detrimental. Learn how providers are offering more timely diagnoses + better treatment options during this discussion.
14. Regular cannabis users may require more anesthesia before procedures Full story
15. 13 hospitals seeking chief nursing officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. High-risk patients drive high costs. Discover innovative chronic care interventions with better outcomes and guaranteed cost savings.