1. 10 states with the largest decreases to travel nurse pay Full story
2. 29 physician specialties ranked by 2022 burnout rates Full story
3. States take action against nurses tied to degree scheme Full story
4. Dayton Children's fully embraced nurse feedback and is now Forbes' best employer in Ohio. See how the hospital boosted nurse engagement and satisfaction here.
5. 3 Texas hospitals face power outages amid ice storm Full story
6. New Jersey hospital fills chief medical officer role after yearlong vacancy Full story
7. BJC HealthCare's approach to flexible scheduling for nurses Full story
8. 42% of Michigan nurses say high patient load led to deaths Full story
9. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
10. Reducing administrative burdens: 5 chief medical officers weigh in Full story
11. Sepsis risks linger for up to 12 years after hospital discharge: 3 study notes Full story
12. Trump vows to strip Medicare funding from hospitals that provide gender-affirming care to minors Full story
13. A late heart disease diagnosis is detrimental. Learn how providers are offering more timely diagnoses + better treatment options during this discussion.
14. Experts worry Merck COVID-19 pill may give rise to new mutations Full story
15. 4 issues infectious disease experts are focused on as fewer enter their profession Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. Health systems are wasting time on the wrong call center improvements. Learn how to actually meet today's patient needs here.